TRAINING MODULES 2017
1. How strong is your brand:
Workshop guru and Industry commentator Andy Savva will be sharing his vast experience on the profit generators within your business including loyalty, customer experience, skills, training, equipment and the parts you use which are all encompassed within your brand values.
2. Double clutch technology: An introduction to dry double clutch systems and the repair opportunities available for independent workshops. Includes an installation demonstration of a Volkswagen DSG clutch removal & replacement and a discussion showing the differences between VAG, Ford, Renault and Fiat systems. Sign up early to take part in an off syllabus IMI certificated assessment at the event.
3. Sterring Geometry Calibration – Featuring a BMW 5 Series (F10)
The accurate set up of steering geometry is increasingly complex and sometimes is not possible even with sophisticated geometry machines. Some OE manufacturers are specifying other methods to achieve the adjustments required. Incorrectly adjusted steering geometry causes accelerated tyre wear and can affect vehicle stability. We will demonstrate some issues related to steering geometry set up on modern steering systems using
the BMW 5 series as an example.
Plus second session on - Automatic transmission servicing, maintenance and diagnostics:
Demonstrating the removal of the transmission sump, electrical connectors and the mechatronic unit, which can be carried out with the transmission “in frame” as part of the oil service recommended for ZF transmissions. We will explain the ZF transmission oil change philosophy, the need for specific oils for specific transmissions and service kit options for different gearbox types. Finally, the steps necessary to change and re-programme a mechatronic unit and how to test for Glycol contamination will be followed by a look at common problems and accurate fault diagnosis.
4. Hybrid Inverter/Converter & Transaxle –Toyota PRIUS:
Practical fault finding demonstrations using a Toyota Prius.
5. Common errors made during timing belt and wheel bearing replacement - and how to avoid them: Tim Adams will share his vast knowledge of common belt fitting and tensioning errors, including demonstrations to help you minimise future problems. He will also discuss the latest advances in wheel bearing technology - and give valuable safety critical fitting advice.
6. O2 sensor technology: Understanding O2 sensor technology including background, types and characteristics.
7. Become a "Diagnostic Detective" with PicoScope: Systematic diagnostic process, how to spot misleading/ambiguous fault codes, revealing the truth with PicoScope- Ideal for Developing/Advanced PicoScope users.
8. Maximise your profit with sales & marketing
Dave Massey talks about the added value that modern sales & marketing techniques can bring to your workshop business. Don’t be overtaken by technology - Dave will bring you up to speed with plenty of valuable hints & tips!