TRAINING MODULES 2017
1. High Voltage safety - Understanding resistance:
Reviewing the safety aspects within hybrid and fully electric vehicles and focus on the importance of correct connections and their security - together with bonding straps and why Ohms law is important. The session will also look at the training and qualifications required for working on High Voltage (HV) vehicle systems.
2. New MOT legislation:
Keep up to date with the latest rules and regulations
3. Vehicle health checks with PicoScope:
PD testing, basic checks and using PicoScope in everyday diagnostics - ideal for new or novice PicoScope users.
4. Mechanical engine diagnostics, compression testing & pumping losses:
AutoInform founder, training guru and industry legend Frank Massey takes a look at the latest best practise methods in vehicle diagnostics.
5. Clean = Lean. Efficient engine and systems cleaning:
Clean-up demonstrations including diesel and petrol, injection systems, air intakes, DPF and EGR - plus other fluid exchange services.
6. Accurate and successful four wheel alignment diagnosis, technical alignment adjustment advice and safety system reset:
Learn valuable technical alignment knowledge, the step by step alignment measurement procedures required to meet vehicle manufacturers specifications (using a Subaru BRZ to demonstrate). Help eliminate customer comebacks with advanced alignment understanding including bump steer, toe-out on turns, symmetry and set back. Plus - how to avoid common geometry measurement mistakes.
7. How strong is your brand:
Workshop guru and Industry commentator Andy Savva will be sharing his vast experience on the profit generators within your business including loyalty, customer experience, skills, training, equipment and the parts you use which are all encompassed within your brand values.
8. Double clutch technology:
An introduction to dry double clutch systems and the repair opportunities available for independent workshops. Includes an installation demonstration of a Volkswagen DSG clutch removal & replacement and a discussion showing the differences between VAG, Ford, Renault and Fiat systems. Sign up early to take part in an off syllabus IMI certificated assessment at the event.
* For full course details please download the full training programme below